By the point interval textile printing we suggest the localized software program of dyes or pigment and chemical by any method, which can produce express influence of shade on the fabric in line with the design. On this smart we print cotton materials with chilly mannequin reactive dyes in block and screen-printing methods collectively method. Block printing method is the oldest printing method. It is used largely in sarees, handkerchiefs and plenty of others. on this printing method we use blocks of varied designs. In show display screen printing somewhat or no show display screen made by glass fibre is used. There are kinds of screen-printing, nevertheless we’ve got now achieved in our experiment was hand screen-printing. Handscreen-printing is often used for sarees to 14-16 colors in on pattern could also be produced at a time
Block and screen-printing method.
One piece of sq. dimension bleached, scoured cotton materials (small) and one piece of sq. dimension bleached, scoured cotton materials (larger)
Dyes = 4gm
Urea = 10gm
Thickener = 50gm
Further water = as required.
Preparation of thickener:
- 16 gm of starch and 200cc water are taken in bowl.
- Heat is utilized and reply is stirred repeatedly until a thick viscose reply is obtained.
- By regular stirring and boiling a particular viscosity is obtained.
- The heat software program is stopped in some other case viscosity falls down. So temperature is maintained strictly.
Preparation of printing paste:
- At first we take required amount of dyestuffs in a bathe.
- Then little amount of water is added into the bathtub for mixing these dyes. And start stirring for mixing the three kinds of dye.
- Then required amount of urea is added into the dye bathtub.
- After then required amount of thickener is added
- Then regular stirring is accomplished for couple of minutes for mixing all the substances of print paste.
- After mixing lastly required amount of alkali is added to the dye bathtub and mix them with the help of stirring.
Printing course of:
Block printing method:
- The fabric which could be printed is positioned on the printing desk.
- The printing paste is positioned on the tray discipline.
- The block is chosen and it is touched with print paste.
- Then block is pressed upon the sample materials.
- After pressing the block on the sample materials the block is postpone from the fabric.
- Lastly we get the printed materials of required dyes.
- The fabric is positioned on the printing desk of flat screen-printing machine. The desk is manufactured from sentimental by laying on it.
- Then the show display screen is positioned on the sample materials.
- The printing paste is taken on the show display screen perforation.
- Thus we are going to uncover the printed materials with a simple wooden strike the paste is unfold over the show display screen with slight stress.
- So that the dye particles can penetrate via the show display screen perforation.
- Thus we get printed materials.
The printed materials is steamed for 5-10 minutes in a cottages steamer and washed with chilly water for eradicating unfixed dye and exhausted thickener after which dried.
Printing of cotton materials with reactive dyes has great assemble up property and most fixation. Shade could be vivid. By this experiment we’ve got now buy knowledge about technique of printing cotton fibres with chilly model reactive dyes collectively shade. The shade of printed materials within reason good, as we required. Explicit on account of our teacher and his assistants for grate cooperation.